Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dr. Vitamin and Maternity Shopping


Jun and Liz have been wonderful in taking care of me!

In the evening on the day that Jun and I saw the first ultrasound of our baby, Jun took upon himself to take care of the baby's health. He disappeared that night for an hour or so and came back with all kinds of supplements. "Call me, Dr. Vitamin" he said when he came back. I'm usually bad at taking vitamins everyday, but with Dr. Vitamin's help, I remember to take all my prenatals and pills. I'm even taking a penicillin drug because they found some bacteria in my bladder. I have to take those pills three times a day for 10 days...so far so good! I'll follow Mom's advice and eat a lot of yogurt after I take the penicillin so that I can immediately replenish the healthy flora in my bouko (japanese word for bladder).

On Pioneer Day, a Utah state holiday, Liz took me to the Gateway on a shopping splurge on myself! We went to Mimi's Maternity and bought a shirt and 2 pairs of jeans that will grow with my belly throughout the whole pregnancy (see picture!). It was fun because they had a belly that I could try on with the pants. But it is so comfortable! I posed for Jun and he said that they were the most stylish jeans that I've ever bought (usually I buy them at DI!). I wore them to work, and everyone thought they were regular jeans!

Before buying the maternity pants, I would sit around the house with my pants unzipped...and with maintenance coming in and out of the house for the past two weeks to install washer/dryer hookups and put vinyl flooring in the closet, I was constantly on guard about unzipping. :)

I want to thank everyone--Mom & Dad in Hawaii, Jackie & family, Connie in Taiwan, Liz and Jun-- for your love, support, and words of wisdom in our first pregnancy! Love you all!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Vickie,

It was great to see what you will look like in the future. I am glad you treated yourself to some maternity pants and a shirt. Be careful with the vitamins... do not overdo... only one prenatal vitamin a day.... make sure you do not overdose yourself.

Keep those pictures coming so we can be part of this exciting event.

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

You look so skinny! You deserve to splurge on yourself a bit - I'm so glad Jun and Liz are taking such excellent care of you.

Cyona said...

Vickie! That's so exciting! You definitely deserve the pampering!

love ya!