The good thing is that I WAS abstaining from caffeinated drinks, and WAS drinking Mona Vie, a healthy drink blend of 19 different fruits. And I was exercising (even if it was a little excessive).
Here is a picture that Jun and I took on the 9th of July. It's the first picture that we have of our baby :) Here's a little background information behind that emotional and high-stress day:
1. I was in the middle of the most brutal audit that I've ever been in...a 4-day audit averaging 12 hours per day. For some reason, I was taking every issue that the auditor was bringing up as a personal issue, and was feeling very defensive.
3. Jun was a prince when I got home. By that time, I was crying uncontrollably and was craving cheese sandwiches. We went to the store, bought blue cheese, munster cheese, and cheddar cheese and ate it together while we watched a movie.
4. After the movie, I went to the bathroom and did a pregnancy test (we bought it because I wanted to blame my emotions on something)...and it was positive! We've done it several times before when I missed my period, but they were all negative. But this one was positive! But just to be safe, we went to the store again and bought a 2-pack pregnancy test. It took me until 12am to do the second test because I didn't need to go for awhile, even though I was drinking water. It was positive too! I had to go to work at 4am the next morning, but I was happy!
I will go to the doctor on Monday to see how far I am. It could be one, two, or three months. I can remember having my period in April, and am guessing I had it in May because I can't remember NOT having it that month. I didn't have my period at all in June or July. I do remember that the last period I had was weird (the 1st day was like my last day, and I skipped a day, and then had two more days that were really light). If only I could remember when was the last day, I would have a better idea on how far along I am. I will definitely find out tomorrow when I see the doctor! I'll keep you all updated on my findings!
6 comments:
Yay!!!!!!!! VICKIE!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! Sorry, I didn't know you wrote this, and I SO would've sent my congrats sooner!!
The typhoon knocked out our internet for the past few days!!! Definitely keep up the blog!!! I love you lots!!
love,
Connie
I'm so excited for you!! I can't get over it!
btw, I think you should find another job, one that they actually appreciate you, and pay you for it. ^_^ Are you guys going to stay in the same apartment? Or another???? SO EXCITING!!!
hey Vickie! this is Erin Shaw. Congrats on the pregnancy! Congrats! I am so excited for you! Take care of yourself dear! YAAAY!
Ahhhhhhhh! hOW diD tHiS haPPEN!?!?!??!?! I'm going to be an aUNTiE to aNOther baby??? ;) I'm so excited for you sister!!!! You'll make an excellent mother, I about laughed my head off about your boiled embryo comment...... take it easy! You have a wonderful excuse now. Keep us updated- I just got your text about how old the baby is. Love loVE ya!! I'll call you tonight. XOXOXOXOXO ;P
p.s. please throw out any consideration of naming your baby 'mochi' or 'manju'...... or 'apple' or 'bookshelf'. jk. they'll thank you later. there's always room for nicknames ;P
Personally, I kinda like mochi ^_^
Post a Comment